Monkey Throw Dart: Riding the QLD

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Riding the QLD

The support level on the chart from a couple of days ago has held up and gave some juice to the QLD trade. Currently, the QLD is up 15.1% from the $21 dollar buy. I'm now firmly entrenched underneath this with a stop that will move higher tomorrow. Chances are I will be stopped out as I tend to put the trailing stop quite close as we approach a 20% gain. It would be nice to ride this through the weekend but we will see how this plays out tomorrow.

The only disappointment is that the CMI is up only 1% for the year. Maybe it is saving itself for the 2nd quarter. Plenty of time to let it take shape, which is what it is lacking now. Trading without the CMI safety net wasn't in the plans but that's the way it has gone so far. My impatience has paid off although it has been a rough ride. As soon as this last trade closes and the dust settles, I'll update the results in the left sidebar.