Monkey Throw Dart: Spare the Rod, Spoil the Trader

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spare the Rod, Spoil the Trader

The game taught me the game. And it didn’t spare me the rod while teaching.
~ Jesse Livermore

Anticipation of a buy signal that never came cost me once again. I'll most likely cut my losses tomorrow if given the chance and wait for the next signal. My 10% gain on the CMI will be cut in half at best but the plan was never to outwit the method, and the posted result of last year are based on the CMI signals only. With that in mind, I should not be concerned with dropping a few percentage points. Better to admit fault and cut losses than waiting and hoping. Speaking of hoping, the best scenario would be a big gap down in the morning but that would be a surprise, and a welcome one at that.