Monkey Throw Dart: Any Monkey, Any Dart

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Any Monkey, Any Dart

Days like this remind me of the late 90's where you could close your eyes, throw the dart and look like a stock picking genius. We will see if the rally can sustain this move. A nice target for the NYSE would be 6000 since that is where the ceiling is. Stops are in place here as I am taking out half of the gains if the market reverses direction. A 5% dip in the QLD will bump me out of the trade so I am hoping for a bullish start for the Friday session.

Of course the CMI will continue to chug along until it runs out of gas. No stops allowed. This has resulted in a poor first quarter performance but historically, letting the CMI run it's course has proven to be very profitable. I wouldn't be disappointed if the CMI caught up to my 16.5% gain...now a 26.5% gain or a 21.5% gain if stopped out. I don't mean to dwell on the numbers here, but I just couldn't resist.