Monkey Throw Dart: Redemption

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Redemption

The bull and bear are together again in the left sidebar. This can only signal one thing...the end of the first real profitable CMI trade this year. After four uninspiring trades the CMI showed it's true colors with this last trade of the QLD.

Since we are dealing with a mechanical system, the trade will end with the opening price tomorrow morning. Since I exited early, no need to mention where I would have put a stop. The CMI is proving once again that second guessing is not worth the effort. Interestingly enough, my trading of the CMI should be very close to the year to date CMI results. As you might remember, I was 10% ahead at one point but this last CMI trade tested my weak hand and lack of trust for blindly following a mechanical system.

The objective from the start was to test the system and not my trading ability. The next eight months will be interesting. YTD results will be posted tomorrow after I get the opening price for the QLD.