Monkey Throw Dart: Alternate Buying Strategy

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Alternate Buying Strategy

I was reviewing the VectorVest approach to buying stocks and thought that it might be worthwhile to compare buying the CMI at the open versus buying using their strategy. Vectorvest will buy a stock only when three major indices move up 1% after 10 a.m. from the previous days close. (Of course, I would buy the QID when the indices dropped 1%.)

When the next CMI trade signal is given, I will compare the results of buying at the open to this method although I will continue to record CMI results based on the opening price. If the next five trades using the Vectorvest approach result in a better buy price, I would consider making the switch.

I don't know much about Vectorvest but during a search I came across this buy strategy. Enhancing the CMI method is always a consideration but remember the old saying...If it ain't broke, don't fix it.