Monkey Throw Dart: Eleven Years of October

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Eleven Years of October


Looking back on recent history of the S&P performance in October, you can see how one bad pumpkin (labeled as 2008) can spoil the whole thought process as Donny Osmond once sang...or was that Michael Jackson?  Never mind.  Now I have to clear my head with some Poke Salad again.

 
 Anyway, now that this chart has eased any anxiety due to thoughts of 1987-type crashes or 2008 monster meltdowns, lets focus on the future.  Looks like I have developed the need to throw the dung, uhhh, I mean dart, once again and predict that the S&P will rise to 1520 by the end of October.  That would be a 5.5% gain.  And this would solidify an Obama win as this "monkey see, monkey do" Intrade chart shows.  (This chart was originally posted by Intrade in May.)

 
After the pre-election run-up, I'll be hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.  Stay tuned.