Monkey Throw Dart: Comfort on the Sidelines

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Comfort on the Sidelines

Days like this prove that an oversold market can get even more oversold...fast. I'm sitting on my CVS trade from yesterday. This stock was the only buy a couple of years ago when the summer market was dead in the water and I think it will prove to be one of the few winners this year.

The Cheetum Market Index said, "no trade" and following that advice today was worth every cent. It would have been easy to buy into this oscillating market but patience in these volatile times trumps all. It will be several days before a new signal is generated unless the market swing right around to the other side in a big way. I'm not willing to bet on that, nor do I necessarily want to enter the market at the moment. I'll be content with sitting on my CMI generated 10% gain for now. Is the extra cash burning a hole in my pocket? Yes, but this slo-mo trading method is a welcome change from the scalping methods of past trading years.