Monkey Throw Dart: Stand Over the Circular File

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stand Over the Circular File

I am sure that I am the biggest sucker in the world, at least in the eyes of the pump and dump masters that send out those 'special reports' on the next stock to deliver a 1000% profit in the next few months. It might be better to do as I say, and not as I do because rather than just stand over the trash can and dump these reports immediately, I tend to let the bills slip through my fingers and then proceed to read these reports cover to cover. (I even read the disclaimers) How can you not? Just look at these headlines...

" Uncovering small caps that generate HUGE Profits!"

"This Is The one You've Been Waiting For...The One That Could Make You A Fortune!"

"Google's Next Big Grab"

"273% profits in the next 60 days"

"You Can Be Set For Life Even In The Midst Of Economic Armageddon!"

I especially like the report that includes a little attached sticky note with a handwritten message, "Sigmund, This one I like!, J."

I don't subscribe to the newsletters that these reports usually promote but I have to admit the I have owned stock in a non-existent platinum or plutonium mine or two...or three... after digesting the contents within these well produced brochures complete with colorful charts and pictures of way-too-happy floor traders...phone in one hand, pointing with the other at something really exciting.

In my own defense, after some due diligence (a two-second look at the chart), and allocating a small percentage for the speculation bucket, what's the harm in a little impulse shopping?

If you want to take that advice, the duration of your trade should probably be really short. Those seem to be the most profitable. Better yet, treat them like the bills and practice your recycling skills.

That last sentence sort of has an unintended Johnnie Cochran-esque quality!

I won't give any of these talented promoters free advertising but I've have posted the charts of the "potential 10-baggers" complete with the date that these reports found their way to the tree mail, and the impressive (or depressive) price action. After a quick review of these charts, I am sure you will agree that I have made the title of today's post even more special.

amok

...run amok down hill both ways...

aaph

...could of had a quick 10% if I didn't blink...

blgw

...what, they didn't even give me a chance....

sttn

...those two inverted hammers at the peaks are good for raising the white flag...

tuff

..."tuff" is right...