Monkey Throw Dart: Evolution of the MensaMonkey

Monday, July 2, 2012

Evolution of the MensaMonkey


Where it all ends I can't fathom my friends
If I knew I might toss out my anchor
So I cruise along always searchin' for songs
Not a lawyer, a thief, or a banker.

 ~Lyrics from Jimmy Buffett's Son of a Son of a Sailor




You should never believe the myth that man evolved from the ape.  If you do, prove it.  Good luck finding the missing link.  We all know the apes will take over the world soon enough.  I saw the movie.  In addition, Charles Darwin made plenty of assumptions that turned out to be false.  Just ask him about his trip to the Galapagos Islands. 


Humans assume a lot.  That's why so many of those magician tricks seem so real.  I saw Penn Jillette run over his sidekick,Teller, with the back wheels of one of those huge, eighteen-wheeler semi trucks.  It sure looked real to me until the trick was revealed.  The back tires were made of foam and the driver's side of the truck container was loaded with massive amounts of weight which left the passenger side of the container almost weightless.




The stock market, and the circus that surrounds it, is mostly full of foam and cleverly distributed weight too.  And the purpose of this is the same as it has always been...to run YOU over with the heavy side of the truck.




There's plenty of scientific proof that the Cheetum Market Indicator (CMI) has evolved over the last three and a half years.  A sort of natural selection has allowed this market indicator to morph from version 1.0 to 3.0 and now, because its difficult for me to remember what number comes after 3, we shall call this beast the MensaMonkey.



MensaMonkey?  That's your clue to head out of the jungle and run away from this web-o-blog as fast as you can. 



Still here? 


CMI 4.0, I mean the MensaMonkey, is up over 29% year-to-date.  But how would you know?  I quit posting here six month ago so you couldn't track the daily results.  Looks like just more foam tires and market analysts, doesn't it? 



 So, just because I'm a monkey of science, I'll post the first six months of results in chart form (eventually) and then spend the next six months posting the market moves of the 'Monkey de la Mensa' in real time to see if the profit and loss graph crashes and burns as it rightly should.  I mean...no one can really outperform the market...right?


Just watch the thinking monkey in the left sidebar.  He's either buying the QLD, IWM, XLI, XLU, BND, or QID. Unlike his predecessors, the MensaMonkey wants to trade more than just the QLD or QID, and pretty much runs on his own, so try to keep up.  I have no control over this beast, so do your DD when trading with MM.




Hmmm.  Sigmund quotes Jimmy Buffett instead of Warren Buffett now?