Monkey Throw Dart: Vive le Twinkie

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Vive le Twinkie


Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. 
                                                           ~Twinkie the Kid



You know as well as I do that the Twinkie is going nowhere.  A little more arm-twisting and the Twinkie farm will be back on track.  We don't have any Twinkie trees in this part of the jungle but a monkey can certainly dream. 

What I can't understand is why the banana Twinkie can't be a permanent part of the Hostess ensemble.  That's right.  The makers of the Twinkie first made the banana Twinkie and then switched over to vanilla when the banana trade was disrupted.  Oh, the Horror!  Here's a few other Twinkie facts.

I am not here to beat my chest about the Twinkie Dilemma.  I also want to make it clear that the MensaMonkey has not pulled a "RipVanWinkle" and gone to sleep on the job.  MM is alive and well and is sitting quietly in the BND while waiting for what he considers to be a good entry point in either direction.  It's a short week anyway. 
 
 Looking ahead, December does have a good reputation as can be seen in this post from last year entitled Buy December or Sell Saturn.  I'll update this chart in the near future minus the astrological predictions.