Monkey Throw Dart: 2013 MensaMonkey Sidebar Half-Year History

Thursday, June 13, 2013

2013 MensaMonkey Sidebar Half-Year History


“You are my creator, but I am your master; Obey!”
~Mary Shelley, Frankenstein


 The MensaMonkey trades are posted in the left sidebar as they happen but the year-to date gains / losses are not updated until the current position is sold.  The sidebar view of all 2013 trades versus the S&P500 is posted below.  Any index fund sure looks good right about now but let's not forget that the year is not even half over.  This doesn't excuse the poor decision making of MM, but hope springs eternal...I hope.  And you know how helpful "hope" is when buying and selling anything the stock market has to offer.

 As much as I don't want to post this chart of bad decisions, market timing methods are not only part voodoo but also part science. So in the name of science here's the damage so far this year...
 
 
Sure seems like MM is doing some serious chattering lately; dodging and weaving in and out of trades like Tarzan, the original swing trader.  MensaMonkey doesn't believe in following the easy trend this year and is reluctant to go long as the chart shows. 

Just because I programmed the beast doesn't mean that I can comprehend the output.  It's sort of like having someone put a solid object in a box and then giving it to you to shake and listen to try to figure out what's in it.  And when you are done with that guessing game, you can throw the object away and just play with the box.  I am a monkey.

 Who says I can't rest on my laurels.  Now's a good a time as any after looking at the S&P roll over my 2013 creation.   
 
 
 
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU