Monkey Throw Dart: Coppock Curve Update (Apr '11)

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Coppock Curve Update (Apr '11)

For those that like to watch paint dry, here is an update to the Coppock Curve.

coppock

Not much to see here since I still don't pay much attention to the sell signals (downturn of the line when above the horizontal zero line). I would say the 2009 buy signal (upturn of the line below the horizontal zero line) is still in effect. As stated in a previous post, I use my 80/50 rule when viewing the Coppock. Recent history shows that the buy signals are about 80% accurate while the sells signals are a 'flip of the coin'.

Still, I like to keep tabs on this indicator since confirmation of a major market direction change could sneak up on you like a hungry Anaconda. Not always a bad thing judging from this scene from Anaconda 3.

hoffintrouble

They made three of these? Praise the HOFF!