Monkey Throw Dart: One Less "A" for the US of A

Saturday, August 6, 2011

One Less "A" for the US of A


Uh-oh, someone teed-off Moses again.

I didn't know those credit rating agency guys could downgrading anything behind the walls of a federal prison.

Those Standard and Poor's monkeys ARE in prison, right?

You remember.. mortgage-backed securities...CDO's...
AAA ratings...
market collapse...
666...

OK, I'll check my facts. I just assumed the obvious.

nuknuknuk

____________________________________________________

Downgrade Roulette

Have the markets already priced in all of this downgrade business or do we have to prove Jesse Livermore correct once again when he said "that stocks are never too high for you to begin buying or too low to begin selling." It's the selling part of the phrase I'm keying on here. A close on Monday that is either up, down, or sideways are your only choices. Let spin the wheel and make a bet.

I'll go with a gap down at the open and a steady slide lower. Seems like the obvious choice since the CMI is on the QID side now.

An unbiased, rational monkey might go with my second choice; a high Friday-like, volatile day, with big swings back and forth ending where it started.

My last choice is a cheap dollar, gap up and away with bargain hunters buying up all those "oversold" beaten down stocks. This would be the start of the anticipated, short-term bear market rally...that will end bad.