Monkey Throw Dart: Made (Up) in China

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Made (Up) in China

When I see a stock with the word "China" in the name, I generally move on to something less...well, Chinese. Just google (is that an acceptable verb now?) 'china stocks, delisted, halted' and you'll see what I mean if you don't know already. Numerous fabrications, reporting discrepancies regarding cash reserves and income have padded the long list of stocks bumped from the major exchanges or have lead to a trading halt.

Stocks like CIIC look so appetizing, but I don't have the stomach for the added risk. You can bet that the simmering China Infrastructure Investment Group will eventually be served with a side of WeeKukBuk, followed by the main course of NoLukChuk and YuDumFu. On the other hand, if you can find some shares to short, and don't mind the added 'cost', dig in by all means. Caveat venditor.

ciic

All that, and I'm still hungry.