Monkey Throw Dart: To Over-Traders Anonymous and Beyond

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

To Over-Traders Anonymous and Beyond

 
 
The MensaMonkey has learned a valuable lesson...over-trading a flat market will result in amazingly quick losses.  Luckily, MM has the ability to learn from previous errors.  Of course, I admit that I'm the one that tweaked the system a little resulting in all the hyperactivity and the one-trade-a-week mentality that has sent the MensaMonkey into the BND.  Now, MensaMonkey would rather sit on the sidelines rather than run (or ride) with the faux-bull market.


Taking one look at the first five weeks of the QQQ action and I would never guess that MM could possibly squander 5% in a 2.5% channel.
 

Hakuna Matata!  The road to profit has never been a straight one ever since the jungle was introduced  to the original Cheetum Market Indicator way back in 2009.  It's only when you look at the compounding yearly result over the years that you can say that the end justified the means.



A little number crunching and some R&R in the BND will do MensaMonkey some good as the market has easily whipsawed him into a frenzy of losing trades...without really trying.  Who knows when he will give the next signal.  A simple 1% gap down this week could start the process all over again, but MM will only get smarter as the year rolls on.  I'm sure of it.
 
 In fact I'm so sure, (here it comes) that if MensaMonkey does not beat the S&P 500 this year, I shall leave this jungle and never be seen or heard from again.  Wait! Sounds like deja vu all over again.  Well...this time I mean it!

As MM was flashing his signal to get out of PSQ and heading for the BND, I could tell that he was also saying, “I'll be back!"

 
I hope he means, " I'll be back...on the right side of the market".
That Lego Terminator head has the features of a monkey, wouldn't you say?
_________________________

*Hakuna Matata is a Swahili phrase that can be translated literally as "There are no worries."  Geebuz! Except for the Terminator reference, this post is bleeding Disney all over the place.