Monkey Throw Dart: TeslaVision and Other Electrifying Linkages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TeslaVision and Other Electrifying Linkages


 
The first time I went to New York City I stayed at the New Yorker Hotel.  I was kind of disappointed that the room, including the bathroom fixtures, seemed a little dated.  I figured it was one of the rooms that they keep available for visiting chimps like myself.  I'm not complaining, most hotels in the city don't allow any sort of monkey inside, with or without a major credit card.  
 

On subsequent trips to the city, I would favor the Marriott Marquis.  The revolving lounge allows you to consume alcohol in great quantities with little or no effect as long as you synchronize your ingestion with the rotation of the floor; the more alcohol that is consumed, the more sober you get.  It's an amazing phenomenon that only Nicola Tesla could explain...which gets me back on point.

I may have been disappointed with the New Yorker Hotel  but that was before I realized that it was the home of Tesla for close to ten years. He died there in 1943.  If it's good enough for Tesla, it's good enough for me, as I always say.  It would probably amaze you if you knew I had
actually slept in his room for the night.  That would be amazing to me too since it's not true. I checked.  Room 3327 is now marked with a "Tesla was Here" plaque on the door. Looks like I was on the 20th floor according to my vast heap of SigHistory.
 
 


Some of Tesla's papers, diagrams and illustrations were confiscated after his death by one or more government acronyms.  Most people think it was the famous Tesla Death Ray that was the prize, but it was really the concept of free energy that he would occasionally mention to the "guys" who bankrolled his money-making ideas...and eventually de-bankrolled him.  He's lucky he didn't receive "two to the chest and one to the head" for talking about energy that exists all around us in infinite supply, and would be free for the taking.  Blasphemy!


 
A great site for all of you Teslaphiles and corresponding Teslaphobes is Tesla Universe; a museum of a website if I ever did see one. 


 
And a bit more about Tesla's last home in the Big Apple can be found at Tesla Society.
 
Tesla may not have been human.  I'm not sure how he could have been.  His intellect could make Edison look like a stump in an impromptu think-a-thon, he had no interest in making money, and he understood that only technology that existed in harmony with nature could benefit mankind.  Doesn't sound human to me.
 
 I don't think anyone will pick up where Nicola Tesla left off until after The Great Collapse, when monkeys finally get to rule the world.  I'm still expecting an asteroid to "wash the trash off the sidewalk" but if not, second on the list would have to be something far more sinister and ultimately self-destructive, which always includes a "money changer" or two or three. 
 
 
___________________________________________
 
 If you think Sigmund's tin-foil hat is getting a little too tight, check out Matt Taibbi's "Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever".  This article showcases why the "house" always wins.  And where there's a winner, there's also a loser...and you're not the winner.

___________________________________________

Derivative:  a financial instrument which derives its value from the value of underlying entities such as an asset, index, or interest rate.

 You'll see that word in the headlines more and more.  It will probably precede the word, "disaster", or follow the word, "deadly".  In the article, "Big Banks and Derivatives: Why Another Financial Crisis Is Inevitable",  Steve Denning explains what happens when the love of money by others will leave you wishing you had a bigger boat.
 
 
_________________________________________
 
So many words so little time...so I'll throw in my usual link to the free "Spreeder".  Practice makes perfect, even for reeding, wrighting, rythmatic.
 
_____________________________
 
  Oh, and if you are reading this at work, the normally long-winded James Altucher explains why you hate your job in a recent blog post...as if you didn't already know.  A good read nonetheless at the Altucher Confidential.