Monkey Throw Dart: QLD - The Guest That Won't Leave

Saturday, April 10, 2010

QLD - The Guest That Won't Leave

"Suppose he buys his first hundred, and that promptly shows him a loss. Why should he go to work and get more stock? He ought to see at once that he is in the wrong; at least temporarily."



~Edwin Lefevre, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator




I'm a little hesitant to reverse direction from QID to QLD especially when the Dow hit resistance at 11,000. If you fear the whipsaw, or you enjoy the comfort of a 1.10% Savings Account, turn away now and run while you can.

Luckily for me, the CMI is making all the decisions. At Monday's open, the QID will sell (nice try QID), and the QLD will be bought...and I bury my cynical view of economic recovery deep in the tar pit once again.

I will forward some CMI propaganda in the form of chart and graph, as promised, just as soon as I finish some repairs on the hut.