Monkey Throw Dart: Easy as AAPL Pie

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Easy as AAPL Pie

I don't fade the morning gaps very often, or buy a stock that is reporting earnings within a few hours, but seeing the gap provided by the market on news that more closely resembled noise at today's open of Apple Inc. brought back the desire to take free money.

AAPL gap

Although my target was only $345 from a buy of just under $335, I would never refuse an offer to receive 3% of whatever trading cash I had tucked away in my pocket protector. (Now you know the secret location.)

Rather than sell during the day since my target was missed by 0.24, I am holding out for a few more pennies since I doubt that AAPL will disappoint...EVER.

Just kidding. They all disappoint eventually.

If Apple's high for the year (or decade) turns out to be $344.76, I already know that no one really means to laugh when a monkey slips on a banana peel...but it's still funny.

oops
Dart to eyeball...not as funny.

Sort of reminds me of a neighboring tree dweller that had an unbelievable record of skimming 1 or 2% from the market on a daily basis. His last trade was with Fannie Mae at $12/share back in July 2008. His motto of "never take a loss" is still keeping us all in suspense.