Monkey Throw Dart: Jackson Hole Wordle Word Analysis

Friday, August 26, 2011

Jackson Hole Wordle Word Analysis

We had a Tasmanian Devil come through the jungle once. He was a little difficult to understand so I made a point to repeat my words multiple times so that I could get my point across to him. Wordle does the same. The larger the word, the more times it was repeated in the text.

Since the "market" seems to hang on every word whenever Chairman Ben speaks, I thought it might be interesting to "wordle" and compare the 2010 Jackson Hole speech and today's gripping, market-moving essay.

2010...

speech2010

2011...

speech2011


Looks like the word 'inflation' was a little more deflated in the 2011 speech. 'Growth', 'economy', and 'recovery' took the top three spots as the most used nouns this year. Congratulations to you all.

That was fun.