Monkey Throw Dart: Twelve Years of October

Monday, September 30, 2013

Twelve Years of October

Since October tends to conjure up some ghoulish market "dips", I've updated the "Eleven Years of October" chart which now makes it the "Twelve Years of October" chart.


The only recent scar left on this chart is the 2008 disaster that shed more light on the true face of the market, and the cast of Teflon psychos (also known as ghoulish market dips) who steal from the poor and then get rewarded for doing so. 

 Only the mechanical (or is that maniacal) MensaMonkey would dare short this market.  I can tell MM is ready to hit the sell signal if debt ceiling dopiness spooks the market. How does that saying go...fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me?  Or as George W. Dumass once said, "Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

Just a guess but I'll have to go with an October gain of roughly 3% which would put the NASDAQ at 3,900 and the S&P at 1,740.  Hey, even a broken clock finds an acorn once in a while.