Monkey Throw Dart: More Over-Caffeinated Penny Stocks

Sunday, April 21, 2013

More Over-Caffeinated Penny Stocks

Someone recently told me that getting in on the "ground floor" of Baristas Coffee Company (Stock Symbol: BCCI) was the opportunity he had been waiting for.  Baristas is a drive-though espresso company that is sort of like combining a Starbucks and Hooters. 

Six cents per share seems cheap but after looking at the chart, and also reminding myself of the related posts that I have written regarding penny stocks, I am convinced that six cent per share might not be such a bargain.   I could be wrong.  Maybe there really is a market for a Starbucks/Hooters drive through espresso "hut" chain, but I think I will pass on the pricey "ground floor" view.  Most of the time, ground floors in penny stock suburbia actually have bottomless basements underneath them.  Here is the current chart for BCCI:


This got me thinking, and since I have been cleaning out the old tree hut, I actually came across a couple fancy multiple-page brochures detailing a few other "sure things" in the form of penny stocks that have been gathering dust and dart frog droppings over the months.  There are only two, but the song remains the same...
_____________________________

SEFE, Inc...
According to the brochure, "SEFE is the most explosive energy investment I've ever seen!"  That's the brochure talkin', not me.

And here is the aftermath of the "explosion"...



USGT (USA Graphite Inc.)

According to the brochure, "Like a tightly coiled spring, buyers are accumulating shares which could burst out of the wedge pattern to hit $0.70, $1.00 or more over the next few days and even higher over the longer term."

And here's an idea (in chart form) of what sitting on a tightly coiled spring that has just released its potential energy must feel like...



Who said there aren't any sure things in the stock market?

Related posts:
Just a Junk Mail Junkie
More 10-Baggers for the Circular File